Terms & Conditions
Article 1. General
The general conditions apply to all agreements concerning online orders between First Steps Holland BV and the customer. First Steps Holland BV at all times have the right to amend these terms and conditions and the content of its website. The latest terms and conditions can be found at on this page. By placing an order on our website the customer, accepts the terms and conditions without reservation.
Article 2. Prices and Offers
- Items are priced in euros, and all prices on the website are exclusive of VAT
- Shipping costs are not included in these prices. The amount of the delivery costs is concluded at checkout. The shipping cost is a standard amount, which consists of packing, shipping and handling.
- For deliveries outside the Netherlands, shipping of the order will be charged to the buyer regardless of order size.
- First Steps Holland BV is entitled to change prices and other conditions before sale is concluded.
- Offers are only valid while supplies last and for the specified duration.
- Offers do not apply automatically to repeat orders.
- Discounts on promotions only apply in case payment is received within 5 business days from the end of the promotion. If this is not the case, the promotional discount expires.
- When using a coupon or discount code, this should always be entered before checkout. No discounts will be settled afterwards.
- Promotional codes are accepted only if they are used in ordering the articles and as described in the promotion. Promotional codes are only valid for the specified products in the promotion and cannot be used for other items!
- When returning a promotional product, the promotional discount will expire and any unreturned (free) items will be charged at the normal selling price.
- First Steps Holland BV is not liable for the consequences of misprints or typing errors and / or programming or program errors in its website. Incorrect price information is not legally binding.
- Information, images, etc. relating to all offers and the main characteristics of the products are given as accurately as possible. Any changes do not qualify for compensation and / or dissolution.
Article 3. Payment
- Payment can be made in one of the ways indicated during the checkout process. Payment and order conditions apply to your order. When paying by bank transfer or giro the date of payment is regarded as the date of credit in the bank account of First Steps Holland BV.
- For certain payment options a transaction fee may be charged. This transaction fee is shows at checkout.
- The order will be shipped once payment is received in full.
- If the payment is not received within 5 working days from placing the order, the order will be cancelled.
Article 4. Delivery
- We deliver the items using one of the leading delivery companies subject to availability. Items (if available) are shipped upon receipt of payment.
- Shipping costs (if any) are clearly stated in the order confirmation.
- Upon delivery of the order, immediately verify that what you have received matches the order confirmation. You should also check that the product is complete and undamaged.
- Delivery takes place at the address provided by the customer during checkout.
- First Steps Holland BV is not liable for any damage you may suffer in case the order is delivered to an incorrect address provided by the customer.
- First Steps Holland BV is not liable for the incorrect delivery by a postal delivery service.
- Special conditions may apply to deliveries abroad.
- First Steps Holland BV holds most items in stock. Orders will be delivered as soon as possible. After receiving the payment ordered items are usually sent within 2 business days. Said delivery times are indicative and are not a deadline. In case of late delivery, the customer is not entitled to compensation or the right to cancel the order or terminate the agreement. The outer delivery time is 30 days. Exceeding the 30-day delivery period entitles you to cancel the order. A delay in delivery shall be notified immediately. If the buyer wishes to cancel the order, the purchase price will be refunded as soon as possible and within 30 days.
- If a product is ordered by a customer and temporarily out of stock the customer will be notified when the product becomes available. Delays will be reported to the customer by email.
Article 5. Refusal of orders
A sales agreement is only reached after acceptance of the order by First Steps Holland BV. First Steps Holland BV is entitled to refuse orders or to attach special conditions to the delivery, unless otherwise specified. If an order is not accepted, First Steps Holland BV communicates this within ten (10) days after receipt of the order.
Article 6. Retention
First Steps Holland BV remains the owner of the delivered goods until the purchase price has been paid. The risk in respect of the use of products is transferred at the time the products are offered at the delivery address given by the customer. If the customer fails to take delivery of the products the resulting damages and costs are for the customer’s account.
Article 7. Returns
Orders can only be returned after consultation and approval by First Steps Holland BV, within 14 days of receipt. If the customer wishes to cancel/return the order, the customer must notify this in writing by e-mail to inf[email protected] The customer must immediately return the product after approval from First Steps Holland BV. The costs for returning products are for the account of the customer. Products with a discount of 50% or more cannot be exchanged or returned. Returns with too little or no postage paid will not be accepted. The product can only be returned if it is in the original, undamaged packaging. The product is in original condition, unworn/unused, unwashed and undamaged. Original tags, labels and pendants will not be removed. The original instructions for use must be present in the undamaged packaging. First Steps Holland BV reserves the right to refuse returned products or to refund only part of the amount already paid if it is suspected that the product has already been used by the customer or has been damaged. Postage date is final. After receiving the return shipment, First Steps Holland will ensure that the prepaid invoice amount is on your account within 7 working days.
Article 8. Complaints
- First Steps Holland BV is committed to delivering a perfect product. If a product does not meet your expectations, you can send an email within 7 days of receipt of the order to [email protected].
- We will solve the problem in consultation with you to solve as soon as possible. In order to process your complaint to run smoothly, we ask you to follow our instructions. The postage for returning an article with a complaint will initially be borne by the customer. These costs will be credited if the complaint is upheld. Complaints are handled within 30 days after notification, there are delays on the settlement if the customer will be informed.
- If the offered solution does not meet your expectations, you can cancel the entire order within 7 days, without additional costs. The amount already paid will be credited subject to the terms described in Article 7. The warranty is void if a. you yourself have tried to repair the defect, b. you have not followed the instructions and / or instructions.
Article 9. Guarantee and Liability
Unless expressly agreed otherwise, Dutch statutory warranty provisions apply.
- Personal data is stored in the customer system First Steps Holland BV to process the orders. Additionally First Steps Holland BV uses the data for internal marketing purposes such as sending a newsletter. First Steps Holland BV uses personal data as per the relevant legislation and guidelines.
- First Steps Holland BV provides data to third parties for carrying out tasks under the scope of Article 4 work. Described privacy is guaranteed as per www.first-steps.com/privacy-policy.
- If you do not wish for First Steps Holland BV to store your personal information please let us know in writing to us on [email protected].
Article 11. Miscellaneous
If you give to First Steps Holland BV an address in writing, First Steps Holland BV is entitled to send all orders to that address, unless you notify to First Steps Holland BV of another address to which your orders are to be sent in writing.
If First Steps Holland BV for any length of time does not deviate from these Conditions, this will not affect its right to demand immediate and strict compliance with these conditions. You can never assert any right by virtue of the fact that First Steps Holland BV executes these conditions.
If one or more provisions of these Terms or any other agreement with First Steps Holland BV in conflict with any applicable provision, the provision will lapse and will be replaced by adopting a by First Steps Holland BV new lawful condition. First Steps Holland BV is authorized to use in the execution of your order (s) by third parties.
Article 12. Applicable law
This website and these terms are governed by Dutch law.
Photos and text are the property of First Steps Holland BV and may not be used without written consent.